Violet, The Expert
Level 1 (c c c c c)
(Luck: c c c c c c c)
(Harm: c c c|c c c c)
Charm-1, Cool=0, Sharp+2, Tough-1, Weird+2
- Contemplative Face
- Outdoor Clothing
- Juju bag (1-harm far magic)
- Magnum (3-harm close reload loud)
- Mallet & Wooden Stakes (3-harm intimate slow wooden)
Preparedness: When you need something unusual or
rare, roll+ Sharp. On a 10+, you have it here right now. On a
7-9 you have it, but not here: it will take some time to get it.
On a miss, you know where it is, but it’s somewhere real bad.
Dark Past: You dabbled in the worst sort of mystical arts
before you became one of the good guys. If you trawl through
your memories for something relevant to the case at hand,
roll+ Weird. On a 10+ ask the Keeper two questions from the
list below. On a 7-9 ask one. On a miss, you can ask a question
anyway but that means you were personally complicit in
creating the situation you are dealing with now. The questions
• When I dealt with this creature (or one of its kind), what did I learn?
• What black magic do I know that could help here?
• Do I know anyone who might be behind this?
• Who do I know who can help us right now?
You have a haven set up, a safe place to work. Pick three of the options
below for your haven:
- Lore Library. When you hit the books, take +1 forward to
investigate the mystery (as long as historical or reference
works are appropriate).
- Protection Spells. Your haven is safe from monsters – they
cannot enter. Monsters might be able to do something special
to evade the wards, but not easily.
- Oubliette. This room is isolated from every kind of monster,
spirit and magic that you know about. Anything you stash in
there can’t be found, can’t do any magic, and can’t get out.